Entering is free and easy!
|Human Resources||Regulation and Compliance|
|Technical Support||Call Centre|
|Customer Service||Web Design|
|Charity & Fundraising||PR & Communications|
All the above categories have the same entry criteria (see below). In addition to a 50 word summary of the team, all answers have a word limit of 250. Please ensure you address all the points in your submission to impress the judges!
What the judges want
- What were the team’s goals and objectives?
- How did these goals align with the overall company direction?
- How did the team meet and surpass the objectives?
- What results were achieved?
- Describe achievements beyond the objectives (include customer testimonials, independent reviews, improvement in survey scores, presence in local/internal media, any other relevant awards.
- Provide evidence of the team’s dynamics:
- How decisions were made.
- Internal communications.
- Recognition and reward.
- Interaction with management.
- Workload distribution.
- Conflict resolution.
- Team work and collaboration.
- How has the team developed and improved?
- Provide evidence that your team has improved practices and developed innovative solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
- Describe programmes and training to improve services.
- Provide examples of programmes the team has implemented.
- Please add any extra information to support your entry, such as:
- Improving inclusivity/diversity in the workplace.
- Outstanding contributions to the workplace or wider industry community.
- Provide examples of programmes the team has implemented.
How to enter
Submit your entries through our online portal. Everything is done online. There are no printed entries. Judges will see the same format for each entry, so don’t worry if you are a small company. It’s a level playing field!
- Navigate to the menu header “Entries” and click on “Enter Now” to access the entry portal, or click the link above.
- Complete the registration process
- Select the category you would like to enter.
- Complete the criteria (same for all questions) and upload any images, supporting files or YouTube links.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for any additional categories you would like to enter.
- When you are happy, click submit. There is no entry fee!
Remember, you can edit your entry as many times as you like up to the deadline.
Who can enter?
The Mobile Team Awards 2018 is open to any group of three or more people employed full time in any enterprise, company, and organisation involved in the development, distribution, marketing, promotion and sale of mobile network services, devices, and accessories for itself or on behalf of a mobile industry client. Both functional working teams and project-oriented teams can enter.
Can I submit more than one entry?
Absolutely. You can enter as many categories as you would like. There is also no fee for entering any of the categories.
What period does my entry have to cover?
An entry must relate to commercial activities carried out by a team working in the mobile channel and (where applicable) consumer channel from January 1, 2018 to present day.
Will the information in my entry be kept private and confidential?
Your entry will be seen by our panel of judges who will be asked to sign a declaration confirming that they will not reveal the contents of your entry. We also reserve the right to publish extracts from winning entries in print and online. If there is any sensitive information you would prefer not to be in the public domain you should mark it “Confidential”. We will not reproduce any data from your entry that is marked as “Confidential’. Please use this exclusion only where necessary. For example, requests to regard the ENTIRE entry as “Confidential” will not be acknowledged.
What hints and tips will help me produce an effective entry?
- Your entry will be judged by mobile industry professionals, though you should assume they know little (if anything) about your organisation/service.
- The judges have a limited amount of time to examine entries so keep your sentences short and concise.
- Avoid waffle. Facts and stats are more powerful and impressive than flowery mission statements and PR puff.
- If you make claims of being “biggest” and “best” – supply supporting evidence (e.g. customer feedback, independent market research etc).
- There is the option to upload files (20 MB max) or provide judges with a custom URL so that you can direct them to any additional supporting material e.g. video and customer testimonials. We strongly recommend you make use of this.
When is the deadline?
We must receive your uploaded entry by midnight, September 14th.
Terms and Conditions
- The Mobile Team Awards are open to firms and individuals within the UK Mobile Communications and related industries.
- The judging eligibility period runs from 1st January 2018 to present day. Any material that arises to support your entry outside this period will not be considered.
- Entries must be made via the online submission process on the Mobile Team Awards website only.
- Each category has a specific entry form, which can be found within the online entry portal. Entries will not be accepted by any other means. All questions on the category specific entry form should be answered. The text boxes are expandable and the word count for each text box must not exceed 250 words.
- Information supplied within the entry form will remain confidential. Mobile Team Awards reserve the right to refer to information supplied within the Awards Supplement or any other Awards related literature. Entrants may however mark sensitive parts of their entries “not for publication” provided such restrictions are not used unreasonably.
- When the entrant is submitting work/materials which are not their own/they do not own the rights to, it is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they have permission from the owner/3rd party to submit the entry and the owner/3rd party’s approval of the entry and any respective credits.
- Mobile Team Awards accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
- Firms or individuals may enter more than one category as appropriate.
- The judges reserve the right to re-categorise entries if they think another category would be more suitable. However, they will not routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered submissions.
- Any information submitted may be subject to verification.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Companies are not allowed to enter any category that they are sponsoring.
- All entries must be submitted by the deadline date of 14th September 2018. Entries can be edited at any time until the deadline date.
- Winners will be announced at the Mobile Team Awards ceremony on October 25 at Jumeirah Carlton Hotel, Knightsbridge.
- Important Information
- Clark White Publications Limited (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy) takes your privacy seriously and information will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations 2003.
- We will occasionally review this policy to ensure it matches any legal requirements and our business operations. Any changes will be posted so that you are always kept informed.
- Data Collection
- When you communicate with us in any manner, we may collect, use, record or transfer some or all of the information you provide to us.
- When you subscribe to our magazine or register for one of our awards ceremonies, we will collect the following personal identifiable information about you: First Name, Last Name, Job Title, Company Name, Address, Business Telephone, Mobile, Email, Fax, Industry Sector, Company Activity.
- We may also collect payment details from you if you’re choosing to pay by card.
- We also collect information such as: First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Email Address and/or Phone Number for the purposes of maintaining our internally managed contact lists used by the editorial, advertising and awards teams.
- We also collect data using cookies, which you can read more about below.
- Use of Personal Information
- When you subscribe to the magazine, your data will be used to communicate with you regarding your subscription and to deliver the magazine to you. If you have requested to receive digital copies of either the magazine or our newsletter, your data will be used to populate our MailChimp database so that we can electronically send you the information you have subscribed and consented to receiving. In accordance with GDPR, the legal basis for such data processing is “consent”, which was provided during the completion of the subscription form.
- If you communicate with us in another format, such as registering for one of our award ceremonies, contacting editorial with potential leads/stories or advertising with us, your data will be used to populate one of our internal contact lists, so that we can contact you again in the future. In accordance with GDPR, the legal basis for such data processing is “legitimate interest”.
- If we receive your data by any other means, such as from a colleague or from your company website, we will use it to populate our internal contact list so that we can contact you in the future. In accordance with GDPR, the legal basis for such data processing is “legitimate interest”.
- If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, you will be notified and be given the legal basis by which we have contacted you.
- Data Retention
- If you have subscribed to our magazine, your personal data will be stored on our system 6 years, after which we will contact you about re-subscribing to the magazine to refresh your consent.
- If your data is stored on one of our internal contact lists, or in one of the externally managed events systems we use, your data will be deleted after 6 years of no contact with us.
- We do not hold credit/debit bank or card details. If this financial data is provided as part of a payment the information will be destroyed as soon as it is used.
- Sharing Information
- We use Intermedia Brand Marketing Ltd. to manage our magazine subscription list. If you have opted-in to receiving a copy of our magazine, your data is stored on their databases and subsequently transferred to the printing/distribution companies responsible for delivering the magazine. This will be done in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- For purposes of printing event collateral, your personal data (First Name, Last Name, Company Name) may be shared with the printing company.
- When submitting guest details for any events, such data may be shared with the venue for purposes including but not limited to complimentary guest rooms or table place names.
- We do not permit any of our third-party service providers to use or share any of the personal information we share with them for anything other than for the purpose with which it is intended for.
- We may provide general information to third parties, but this will not include any information that identifies you and will not include any sensitive personal data.
- Any sensitive personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 will only be disclosed with your express consent.
- We reserve the right to access and disclose personal identifiable information to enable us to comply with any applicable laws or lawful government requests.
- Our internal server is password protected and our network security is supported by an external IT firm, who provide the necessary software to protect and secure our server from malicious attacks.
- All our external data processors are fully GDPR compliant and so the data is appropriately secured on their servers. Should there be any data breach, they will inform us immediately.
- We have strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process your call or enquiry further.
- If a data breach is detected that affects any of your personal identifiable information, you will be contacted immediately.
- Individual Rights
- As an individual you have the right to access and control the data we hold on you, in accordance with ICO guidelines.
- At any point, you can choose to access all the information we hold on you.
- You can request that your personal data is updated, corrected or deleted.
- You have the right to be removed from any of our external or internal databases, if you desire. It may be necessary to retain the smallest possible amount of personal data on you to ensure you do not get contacted in future.
- We require some data from you in order to send you the magazine, either physically or electronically, or to process any award entries or payments. Removing or changing this data may affect our ability to provide these services to you.
- Cookies and Consent
- A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. It is normally sent by a web server to you and enables the server to collect information back from your site visit.
- By using any of our websites, you provide your consent for us to collect information about you in accordance with EU and UK cookie law and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR).
- How to contact us
- If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please call us on 020 7278 0795 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org